North Carolina (3-3, 2-3) vs. Miami (2-3, 0-1)
Chapel Hill • Saturday, Oct. 16, 2021 • 3:30 p.m. ET
Kenan Stadium (50,500) • ACC Network
Carolina Football Media Center
Series vs. Miami: Tied 11-11
Series Streak: NC won last two games
Last Meeting: 2020 (W, 62-26)
Last UNC Win: 2020 (W, 62-26)
Record: 3-3 (2-3 ACC)
Head Coach: Mack Brown (Florida State, ’74)
Overall Record: 262-135-1, 33rd year
Record at UNC: 87-59-1, 13th year
Record: 2-3 (0-1 ACC)
Head Coach: Manny Diaz (Florida State, ’95)
Overall Record: 16-13, third year
Record at Duke: 16-13, third year
Kickoff: 3:30 p.m. ET
ACCN: Wes Durham, play-by-play; Roddy Jones, analyst; Alex Chappel, sideline
Tar Heel Sports Network: Jones Angell, play-by-play; Brian Simmons, analyst; Lee Pace, sideline
Satellite Radio: Sirius (135), XM (193)
Website: A live radio broadcast of the Tar Heel Sports Network is available on UNC’s official athletic website, GoHeels.com, as well as through the TuneIn app.
TAR HEELS AND HURRICANES
• North Carolina and Miami have met every season since the Hurricanes joined the Atlantic Coast Conference in 2004.
• UNC evened the all-time series at 11-all against Miami with a 62-26 victory in the regular-season finale last year in south Florida.
• Michael Carter and Javonte Williams set an NCAA record by combining for 544 yards rushing and Carolina finished with 778 yards – the most ever yielded by Miami and a Tar Heel record. Sam Howell threw for a score, ran for a score and caught a TD pass for the Heels.
• Carolina is 6-3 at home against the Hurricanes, including a thrilling 28-25 win in 2019.
• Perhaps the most famous meeting in the series at Kenan was UNC’s 31-28 upset of fourth-ranked Miami on Oct. 30, 2004. Conner Barth kicked a 42-yard field goal on the final play to register the highest ranked win in Carolina program history.
BROWN VS. MIAMI
• Mack Brown is 2-0 against Miami with wins coming in 2019, a 28-25 victory in Chapel Hill, and last year’s 62-26 thumping in Miami Gardens, Fla.
LAST TIME OUT
• The Tar Heel lost for the first time in four home outings, 35-25, to Florida State despite two touchdown passes and 108 yards rushing from quarterback Sam Howell.
• Josh Downs, who hauled in a 33-yard pass for the game’s first touchdown, has caught at least one touchdown pass in ever game this season.
• Carolina will be off next weekend before visiting Notre Dame on Saturday, Oct. 30 at 7:30 p.m. on NBC.