The SEC and Florida Gators released 2022 football schedules on Tuesday and the big change for Florida is dropping Alabama and adding Texas A&M as their second SEC West opponent along with permanent West opponent LSU. The regular season schedule starts on September 3, and ends on November 26.
Florida takes a step up with their out of conference scheduling and adds PAC-12 foe Utah to the mix in the season opener in Gainesville on September 3, 2022. The Utes are currently 1-2 having beaten Weber State to open the season and the dropping contests to rival BYU and a triple overtime affair with San Diego State.
The Gators will actually open the season with three games at home and following the opener with Utah will host Kentucky on September 10, and South Florida on September 17. The Gators traveled to South Florida in the second game of this season and came out on top 42-20 against the Bulls.
Florida will actually play at home in six of the first seven games of the season in 2022 with the three mentioned above, then travelling to Knoxville to play Tennessee who they are scheduled to play this weekend in Gainesville. After visiting Rocky Top Florida will host Eastern Washington (October 1), Missouri (October 8), and then finish the home stand with LSU (October (15).
After a bye week, the Gators will stay in Florida and travel to Jacksonville for the annual rivalry game against Georgia on October 29.
Florida then travels to College Station, Texas for the second time in three seasons to face off against the Texas A&M Aggies on November 5. The Gators host South Carolina on November 12, and then finish off their conference schedule travelling to Vanderbilt on November 22, to play Vanderbilt.
The 2022 regular season schedule ends on the road in Tallahassee against Florida State.
Florida has seven home games total on the 2022 docket and with the game in Jacksonville and one in Tallahassee, nine of their 12 regular season games will be held in the Sunshine State.
Florida should expect LSU, Georgia, and Texas A&M all to be ranked when they play next season and those three games are back-to-back-to back on the schedule in late October and November.
2022 Florida Football Schedule
* September 3 – Utah (Gainesville, Fla.)
* September 10 – Kentucky (Gainesville, Fla.)
* September 17 – South Florida (Gainesville, Fla.)
* September 24 – Tennessee (Knoxville, Tenn.)
* October 1 – Eastern Washington (Gainesville, Fla.)
* October 8 – Missouri (Gainesville, Fla.)
* October 15 – LSU (Gainesville, Fla.)
* October 22 – BYE
* October 29 – vs. Georgia (Jacksonville, Fla.)
* November 5 – Texas A&M (College Station, Texas)
* November 12 – South Carolina (Gainesville, Fla.)
* November 19 – Vanderbilt (Nashville, Tenn.)
* November 26 – Florida State (Tallahassee, Fla.)
* December 3 – SEC Championship (Atlanta, Ga.)